Welcome to the world of Conscious body, Somatic practices applied in multi-culti Youth Work.
Here we explore powerful principles of contact improvisation, martial arts, acrobalance and aerial disciplines
in a playfull, creative and fun way with a wide range of approaches and activities
which can be easily adopted and adapted in the work with young people
helping them to face their daily life challenges
in more creative and self concious way
Here you can find stories and results from our past projects & invitations for planned ones, inspiring resources and materials to the topic of embodied practices, pictures, videos and more.
Erasmus+ is the European Union programme for education, training, youth and sport. It runs for seven years, from 2014 to 2020, with organisations invited to apply for funding each year to undertake creative and worthwhile activities.
Erasmus+ aims to modernise education, training and youth work across Europe. It is open to education, training, youth and sport organisations across all sectors of lifelong learning, including school education, further and higher education, adult education and the youth sector. It offers exciting opportunities to study, work, volunteer, teach and train abroad.
For more information about the programme please visit the official website.
The Youthpass certificate helps to document the development of competences, as well as to confirm participation and describe the respective project. An essential part of the initiative is attention to the planning of the learning process and reflection upon the participants’ personal learning outcomes. As a strategy, it aims at fostering the recognition of non-formal learning and youth work.
The main ideas behind Youthpass are to enhance reflection on learning and competence development in youth work, receive greater recognition of youth work throughout Europe, support the employability of young people and youth workers, and promote active participation of young people.
For more information about Youthpass please visit the official website.
CONSCIOUS BODY 2019 – NEST (PADOVA)
The project ”Conscious body“ was a seven days training course in the frame of Erasmus+ program that took place in Italy, from 5th to 11th of November 2019.
This training was designed for youth workers, trainers, educators, volunteers, people who work with/people through experiential and embodied methodologies, and generally for people who were willing to:
– explore the expressive potential of the body through contact improvisation and dance
– be open and adaptable to live and work in a creative open space as a community of movement researchers
– move, sweat, try, get in touch, push and be pushed, with care for themselves and others
– gather inspiration on how to use embodied methodologies to foster self development and social skills
– acquire new tools and inspirations for their work and activities with youngsters
ACTIVITIES – METHODOLOGIES – RESOURCES
During this training course we did:
– investigate ways of authentic expression through dance and theatre
– nurture a sense of deep and conscious connection through contact improvisation
– develop trust, care and supportive communication through the practice of acroyoga and circus disciplines
– explore bridges that connect mind and body by embodying lectures, concepts, ideas through movement
– live as a community of artists/students, taking care of the venue, animating workshops, participating to jams of contact impro and acroyoga, welcoming local practitioners to share skills, enthusiasm and practice.
SELECTION OF PICTURES FROM FUN LIFE MOMENTS OF CONSCIOUS BODY
TINY CI HANDBOOKCONSCIOUS BODY BOOKLET
BEGINNER ACROFLOW FROM SARA AND DOROTHEA
DRIVE FOLDER WITH SOME MATERIAL USED DURING THE TRAINING
SPOTIFY PLAYLIST OF CONSCIOUS BODY TRAINING