Erasmus+ Training course
14 - 22 August 2023
Centro Didattico Valpore - Italy
Peaceful Warriors is a 7-day training course, organized by Teatro Invisibile, that will take place in the Dolomites Mountains in Italy, in Centro Didattico Valpore.
We are opening the call for participants, youth workers, trainers, educators, NGO leaders and workers who are willing to explore and develop their inspiring and effective working actions through somatic approaches and nature-based methods, to join us in this journey!
Being in peace is an internal quality that firstly requires being kind to our bodies. In this training course, we will explore how embodied-oriented approaches can awaken qualities in us that help us build more empathic and authentic communities.
Peaceful Warriors will be a space where participants will be guided and invited to be active and authentic, to connect the mind with emotions and body, to take challenges, to explore openness and vulnerability in order to find real inner strength, to develop their empathy, to cultivate their inspiring and transforming presence in the community.
Who is this training for?
This training is designed for youth workers, trainers, educators, NGO leaders, and more generally for people willing to:
- cultivate their embodied emotional intelligence through somatic practices
- challenge themselves and understand the multifaceted world of our psychophysical functioning
- explore the expressive potential of the body through contact improvisation and dance
- spend time outdoor for physical activities, no matter the weather 🙂
- gather new tools and inspirations for their work and activities with youngsters
- commit fully to the program, be open, curious and adaptive
Who can apply?
We aim to have 28 participants from Italy, Slovenia, France, Germany, Spain, Poland, Latvia & Greece overall.
Participants must be over 18 and have a communicative level in English so that they can participate fully in the program.
We expect you to participate in the whole program. It means coming later or leaving earlier is not allowed. Also, prepare for an intensive experience with at least 6 hours of activities every day!
– Learning and drawing inspiration from Nature
– Vulnerability: connecting with our inner self, beyond daily masks and armors
– Body-mind connection: embodiment of concepts, attitudes, qualities
– Creativity: encouraging body and mind to explore and express the inner beauty waiting to be awakened
– Connection, inclusion and transformation: cultivating empathy and carefulness towards others and environment, becoming a source of positive transformation for the community
– Nature based activities
– Somatic and kinesthetic learning, holistic based education and body expression
– Contact Improvisation, Playfight, Improvisational scores
– Sharing circles
– Theatrical approaches to exploration and expression of emotions
What will happen during the course?
We will be:
- Grounding and befriending the forest by moving and dancing, spending solo time, wandering and wondering
- Tackling the topic of emotions, pattern of behaviors and reactions
- Addressing psychological aspects through the lenses of body, movement, proprioception
- Hiking, sometimes in the darkness of the night, some other times in the darkness before dawn
- Getting inspiration from Nature, her cycles, patterns and energies
- Meditating, integrating, listening to silence and… doing nothing
Before applying please read all this information
Arrival day is 14th of August, departure will be the 22th.
The training will be hosted at “Centro didattico ambientale Valpore”. Valpore is a self-catering holiday home located in a stunning location: a promontory at an altitude of 1276 meters on the northern slope of Monte Grappa, in the municipality of Seren del Grappa (Belluno).
Valpore website: https://valpore.org/
Valpore is a place of great beauty, nature and simplicity. The rooms are essential, warm and clean, with bunk beds and not much space for else. There is the option to sleep in tents (some will be provided by us, but you can bring your own).
Participants must bring their sleeping bags (or sheets) and a pillow case. Phone connection around the house is limited if not absent. You can get it by hiking 15 minutes uphill.
Wi-Fi: we might get hotspot few hours per day gently granted by the keepers, but let’s not take it for granted.
If these little discomforts don’t scare you, you will be able to fully enjoy the reward this place, the program and the chef will offer.
TRAVEL AND REIMBURSEMENT
The travel costs of the participants will be refunded after the training course usually within 6 – 8 weeks (after participants send all their travel documents and fulfill closing tasks for the project including dissemination).
We highly encourage and support participants in planning Green travel (train, carpooling, bus).
Latvia, Germany, France, Poland: 275€ (320€ if Green travel)
Spain: 275 (mainland) / 360€ (Canary islands)
The delicious food will be vegan/vegetarian, prepared with love and care by our cooks.
In order to provide and keep a safe and focused atmosphere for everybody we invite you to agree with an alcohol/drugs-free policy during the whole training course.
Participation contribution: we offer the opportunity to self-assess your contribution on a sliding scale between 90 – 150 euro (to be paid in cash upon arrival). Considering the participation in 8 full days of activities, please choose an amount that responds to your personal possibilities and matches the values of balance and reciprocity
TEAM OF TRAINERS AND TEACHERS
Antonio is a passionate trainer who loves to craft experiences for self development, group awareness, creative expression and pursuit of a wise and joyful freedom. He facilitates workshops for teenagers, students, youth workers and adults, using and mixing his expertise and experiences from theatrical improvisation, contemporary dance, martial arts and contact improvisation.
Nayeli Spela Peterlin
Nayeli loves to dance and uses her own movement research as a tool for personal growth and professional development. She is a freelanced trainer, dancer, psychologist and psychotherapist. Mostly Inspired by nature, contact improvisation, deep talks about life around the fire, authentic people and laughter. When she is not "working" (rarely) she is probably writing poetry or walking in the woods with her camera.
Gemma's guide leads into a combination of layers through dance, meditation, introspection, and pedagogy, combining physical and mental disciplines. With a background in contemporary dance and a passion for personal growth, Gemma interprets embodiment as a creative ongoing process that inspires positive change, self-discovery, contact, and transformation.
THE CHEF & THE FOOD
Born and raised in the Brazilian Amazon region, has been studying and working in the areas of vegetarian cooking, natural therapies and holistic health for more than 10 years. In 2017 he moves to Portugal and starts a Kundalini Yoga teacher formation at the Ashram Guru Ram Das, moving there after a while and leading the kitchen of the ashram with the cooking team Dharti Prasad. He has the experience of cooking for a spiritual community as well as for groups and events in Portugal and other countries, integrating nutrition and flavour, enjoyment and consciousness work through serving plant-based food.